About Me

Blog containing my likes, dislikes, rants and raves.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

System of a Down is back

http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2011/05/system-of-a-down-reunion/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+antiquiet+%28Antiquiet%29

They returned last night in Edmonton to perform live for the first time in 4 years. While maybe still rusty, I'm glad there back. The best part of the review is what follows.

System has yet to confirm if they will record new material, but if they do, here’s a suggestion for guitarist Daron Malakian: let Serj Tankian do the singing. Your vocals on 2005’s Mezmerize and Hypnotize were easily the weakest and most distracting part on both of those records. Serj’s voice is one of the best parts of SOAD; don’t get in his way, stay out of it.

I couldn't agree more, SOAD sucked when Malakian took over the vocals. He was awful and made me not listen to them. I would just put on Toxicity and remember the good old days. Hope they come to my neck of the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment