About Me

Blog containing my likes, dislikes, rants and raves.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Oh No He Didn't!

Dam Gavin Newsom has some big balls. He picks a man who has no prosecutorial experience nor has ever tried a case to be D.A. of San Francisco for at minimum the next year. Just because someone has a law degree doesn't qualify them. Some are calling it bold and brash and I guess it is but is it the right move? I think not and frankly makes me wonder why George Gascón took the position. He is taking from what I understand a $60k paycut and going into a position where he probably won't have the respect of his staff, an area he has no expertise on and a job he may be out of in a year. I'm sure he will shake up the DA's office like he did in Mesa PD and SFPD respectively but like in both those situations, he left before finishing the job(especially in SFPD). I feel this will be the same case, but maybe by that point the LAPD chief position will open up and he will go there. That has been his end goal anyways. I hope he does a good job and succeeds in the role but I think this will be his toughest job yet. Get ready D.A. office staff, a tornado is about to come through...but hey like most tornado's it probably won't last long.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/01/10/BA1M1H5RT9.DTL&feed=rss.news

No comments:

Post a Comment