About Me

Blog containing my likes, dislikes, rants and raves.

Monday, January 17, 2011

UMC Memorial

So I got home this afternoon from a weekend in Tucson with my lovely girlfriend. Saturday we had lunch by U of A and swung by the University Medical Center to see the memorial that has been erected since the tragedy. I thought I would share some pictures I took on my cell phone. Doctors continue to be amazed at Rep. Giffords recovery. Keep it up Gabby!! Sunday we went to the Safeway shopping center where the shooting took place. We had the lunch we were going to have the day of the shooting then went grocery shopping and stopped at Coldstone for some ice cream. There was a memorial setup in the middle of the driveway in front of the Safeway with shopping carts blocking the way so cars don't go through. Very touching and bittersweet.











1 comment:

  1. Powerful to say the least! Thanks for sharing the pics. Despite this tragedy, I am proud to be an Arizonian. Our community has not only rallied to support one another, but is doing so without lashing out hatred. The power of peace and prayer is simply amazing.

    BTW, tonight (1/18) is a special on 20/20 with Gabby's husband Mark to talk about the tragedy & her unbelievable recovery. Hope you get the chance to watch.

    ReplyDelete