About Me

Blog containing my likes, dislikes, rants and raves.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

They were giants; she is a pygmy.

So this morning I saw that Sarah Palin had actually given a video response of over 7 minutes yesterday about the shootings in Tucson. I just thought she had given a written statement. I watched the first four minutes and then closed the video in disgust. I thought to my self, why did she do this? Sarah Palin is not important and is basically inconsequential in our country. She currently holds no political office, and really has no job. All she does really is contribute her opinions on Fox News. That is her only job and all she really provides. She is a fake reality star (but hey most are right). So why did she make this speech? No other former political leaders (and loose calling her one when she was governor for only slightly over 2 years) has released statements. To my knowledge no former presidents have released comments or statements expressly about the shootings. Why should she? She is nothing but a person who was done a disservice by the Republican party in being their VP nominee in 2008 and instead of trying to stay out of the spotlight afterwards, decided to quit her job and make a ton of money while contributing nothing and stirring up controversy. Recently she has accomplished this by her website and the symbols she used during the 2010 campaigns and then by her statement yesterday and the way she conducted herself.

Anyways, basically what I'm trying to say can be summed up in an excellent opinion piece on CNN today by democratic operative (consultant I guess is PC term) Paul Begala. I've always been wishy washy on him. His devotion and loyalty to the Clinton's for all those years made me sick as I think both of them are very overrated but there are times where I feel he makes complete sense and this piece my sis made me aware of is just unbelievable. His line about Clinton and Reagan being Giants and Palin is a pygmy put a big smile on my face. I thought it was hilarious. However, later it made me think that Clinton and Reagan were only Giants in the fact that they were popular during and after their terms as President but in hindsight they were really nothing special...at least in my opinion. Neither would make my list of 10 best Presidents but even on their worst day, both would be better than Palin on her best. If the Republican's want any chance of winning back the Presidency in 2012, they better not elect Palin in the primary. Guaranteed defeat.

Link to article. http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/01/13/begala.palin.reagan/index.html?hpt=C2

No comments:

Post a Comment