About Me

Blog containing my likes, dislikes, rants and raves.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Grow a pair Mr. President

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/sc-dc-0224-gay-marriage-20110223,0,5596955.story

Read this article a few times today to try and make sure I understood it. Even asked Two Clubs to verify my understanding and I was right in my understanding. Basically Obama is not going to do anything even though he thinks the law is unconstitutional. He will let the courts decide which means eventually it will get up to the Supreme Court and they will overturn or support the legislation. We know which way this will go with them voting 5-4 to ban gay marriage. The court is so political these days and they will vote down party lines with Justice Kennedy more than likely being the swing vote. The article continues to state that Obama is struggling with this issue. I have no doubt that he supports gay marriage but politically it may hurt him to be up front and support overturning this unconstitutional law. Well I call bull shit. Stand up for what is right and give them the right to marry just as you recently did by appealing don't ask don't tell. This is blatant discrimination and needs to end now.

Maybe Obama is really the Manchurian Candidate as Two Clubs stated in his post. He is siding with the conservative view point in my opinion by not trying to overturn this ban.

No comments:

Post a Comment