About Me

Blog containing my likes, dislikes, rants and raves.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fat Sick and Nearly Dead


So a few weeks back I finally got around to watching the documentary Fat Sick and Nearly Dead by Australian Joe Cross. In one word the movie is "INSPIRATIONAL". Well done and so inspiring it made me want to go by a Breville juicer and begin a fast.

Well after scouring the Internet and realizing all the models I wanted were sold out I got a Breville JE95XL version off of eBay for the same price it would have cost me from Breville themselves. Today it arrived and I made my first juice of carrots, celery and apples in no time. Less than a minute I juiced 4 medium sized apples, 3 carrots and 4 stalks of celery which produced over 20oz's of juice. Not the most tasty concoction but drinkable and a good start. It is also super easy to clean.

I will begin a fast Friday. My plan is to attempt a 15 day fast. Realistically I think it is feasible but won't be easy. I think 10 days is a success but am shooting for 15. I'm stoked and going to take it very seriously. After that I will see how I feel and if I think I can do it another 15 days I'll give that a shot. If not then I'll just start eating healthier, smaller portions and incorporate juicing into my diet daily along with exercise of course. I'll document my juices daily on this blog and inform everyone of my weight loss (hopefully).

I highly recommend watching the documentary. It is well done. Even if you aren't interested in juicing it is worth seeing.

Below is a pic of my first juice I've ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment