About Me

Blog containing my likes, dislikes, rants and raves.

Friday, April 8, 2011

American Idol Shocker

So this morning I watched the results show and after fast forwarding through all of it, I stopped at the final three. I admit I was surprised to see Pia in the bottom three but once I saw her there, I knew she would be going home. American usually get's it wrong on this show. In my opinion they really only got it right with Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood. In the past, great singers such as Latoya London, Chris Daughtry and Jennifer Hudson have left prematurely. This year we add Pia Toscano to the list. She was by far the best singer in the group but maybe not the best performer. She wasn't bad but she lacked the pizazz of James Durbin. My first reaction after hearing her name, I said I'm done watching. Of course I'd like to be done watching but I'll continue to watch but with less interest. I think James and Lauren are the front runners right now. Stefano, Paul and Haley have not shot. Jacob won't win because he is gay, just a fact. James and Lauren will battle it out for the title.

I still think with the right team behind her, Pia has the voice and looks to be a big star. I don't see her as a pop queen like Clarkson but she could be like a Celine....only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment