About Me

Blog containing my likes, dislikes, rants and raves.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hanna - Movie Review


"I just missed your heart" are the first and last lines of the fast paced, hypnotically sounding and splendid movie title 'Hanna.' I caught the movie yesterday and all I can say is wow. By far the best movie I have seen this year so far. To be fair I haven't seen many movies this year but this so far stands out. Saoirse Ronan, the academy award nominee for 'Atonement' was absolutely amazing in this flick. She should be nominated for a best actress award but will probably be bypassed as this movie is early in the year and this is not your typical Academy Award film. She teams up with 'Atonement' director Joe Wright once again and they have created a great movie detailing a 16 year old girl who has been living 60 miles south of the arctic circle being raised and trained by her father played by Eric Bana. You come to find out Bana is a former European spy who worked with the CIA and was being sought by Marissa Veigler played by Cate Blanchett. I won't give away any big plot lines but go and see it. Besides the great acting by Ronan, the other two things that impressed me about this movie was the cinematography by Alwin H. Kuchler and the amazing music and scores done by the Chemical Brothers. I would advise people to check out the soundtrack. It adds a vital piece to the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment